Thursday, October 15, 2009

Make Up For NEVER

About a month ago, my great friend Jenny and I were on a killer NYC stroll after our Fashion Week duties. Jenny had spoken highly of this cosmetic brand that a make up artist she worked with had sworn by. We paid a visit to the retail store in the West Village on our stroll. Before I expose the name and my distaste, let's discuss (from a women's point of view) what one expects when they are shopping for make up and/or shopping at all in terms of customer service.

1. Is it too much to ask for a greeting when I enter the store? 2. Is it also too much to ask for you to get up from behind the wrap desk to greet me? 3. Further "Is there anything that I am looking for?"

So here we go... Jenny and I walk into MAKE UP FOR EVER... a meek greeting of a glance and a 'hi'. I think we give her the impression that we are just looking, however I was in the market for a new mascara. Long story short, she shows me where the mascara selection is, but can only point out one mascara that is the 'best seller'. That is about the end of the customer service. I ask if I can test it and she says yes. At most make up counters there is someone there to apply the make up for you and speak to you about the product. I had to find my own application brush and when asked her if I could purchase it, she told me they were sold out. We left.

So... MAKE UP FOR NEVER is more like it! Bad customer service in this day and economic time? Really?


No comments: