Wednesday, September 9, 2009

OBSESSION CONTINUED... SHARPIE ME!

If you have not read some of my previous posts, you may not be familiar with my obsession with personalization. If I can buy this, that or the other thing with an initial, a monogram or date on it... I will! I blame this obsession of mine on growing up with a unique name that never seem to appear on the personalized pencil rack or personalized ruled stand at the card store when I was in middle school. If I had a more common name like Jane or Kim, maybe I would be less compelled to purchase every item I see with the option to print my name, initial or monogram on it... you should have seen my wedding!

To add to my collection of necklaces, bracelets, picture frames, napkins, towel hooks, duvet covers, photo albums, totes, handbags, stationary, mugs, pint glasses, framed art, throw pillows, coasters, toiletry and cosmetic bags, t-shirts... I mean really???? Now there is the PERSONALIZED SHARPIE!!!! I am not sure about you, but I carry a Sharpie with me mostly everywhere I go. I am not sure why exactly, but it comes in handy at the most unusual times. Maybe I have a certain Terrell Owens thing going on, but I carry a Sharpie. So behold the personalized Sharpie! Pick a color- pick a font- pick an icon if you so desire- and then pick your message! Put your name, your initials... or "THIS SHARPIE BELONGS TO...". The going price is $11.99 for 6 personalized Sharpies. You can order more if you would like and there are 8 color options. Come on now... what other kind of marker do you use and why not make it your own? It is back to school season and all!

Betsey Johnson is currently sponsoring a Sharpie booth under the tents at 2010 Fashion Week here in NYC this week as well! You get a cute tote and t-shirt to Sharpie all over with your own designs and maybe ever bump shoulders with Betsey herself! Not for nothing... there is also a retractable Sharpie on the market... who would have thought?

So who wants my John Hancock? or my TO?



No comments: