Tuesday, October 14, 2008

You have to find it!

From a very young age accessories have always been a passion of mine. It was no surprise to anyone in my family or to any of my friends when I took a job that focused on both men's and women's accessories. When my husband and I bought our first pug, Gus... he, of course, had to outfitted with the perfect puppy accessories. Below I have listed a few of my most favorite dog accessory websites, however there is one that I must highlight. All be it a luxury item... these dog leashes are the perfect dog accessory in my book. They are what every accessory should be: timeless, classic, chic and the best part... functional. Go ahead and Google FOUND MY ANIMAL Leashes. Let me explain the the accessory and then the cause. These leashes are custom-made ropes with brass hardware trim designed to hitch, hand carry or wear the leash like a belt and be hands free while you take the pup for a walk. The leash comes with adjustable brass loops to hitch the pups to a tree or a fence or your waist. We hitch our pups up to a tree in the park and have picnics with them. So fun! They come in 4 sizes... see the website for more info on that. So fashion and function only go so far for some people. The leashes are not cheap, so here is the 'do good' part. Buy one and you are helping raise public awareness of the urgent need for animal adoption. Proceeds go directly to the Louis Animal Foundation, a non-profit group dedicated to helping animals find homes. FOUND MY ANIMAL Leashes are the 'IT' accessory for the pups! 



Other great dog accessory websites:

(we have the boys sweaters, vests, dogs beds and yes... the tent from this place!)

(this place is trouble if you are a sucker for useless dog stuff... but cute!)

(the harnesses are a NYC dog fan favorite)

(this pet supply place has everything that we need for a fraction of the price you pay at the PetCo and PetSmart)

No comments: